Tuesday 5 January 2010

Mirror image

Amid the Christmas frivolities I managed to get out for a brisk winter walk in the countryside. With the sun low in the sky the ground shimmered with a frosty, icing-sugar coating, and frozen puddles gleamed like gilded silver. It was one of those moments that make you pause to take stock and really appreciate your surroundings. I took this photo of an icy puddle - I love the shape it creates with the different layers of frozenness, like contours on a map.


It also reminded me of a stunning mirror which I had spotted earlier. This Glass Italia Rokoko Mirror has the same organic appeal as the frozen puddle, yet it is reminiscent of a classic, symmetrical shape and constructed from modern, industrial materials. Unfortunately though, at just £2 shy of £800 it’s still one for the wish list...